by Eric R. White
On December 10, 1925, J. W. and Anne T. H. Henszey sold a plot of land to be used as open space and for park, playground, and recreational purposes to the Borough of State College School District (now the State College Area School District) for $2,500.
On October 18, 1976, the State College Area School District deeded this property to the Borough of State College to be used for the same purposes after the School District determined the land to be “unnecessary for school purposes.”
In 2022 the Borough completed, with neighborhood input, an overhaul and redesign of the park. The newly designed and refurbished park reopened in October of 2022.
Click on the following to link to a past Hearts in the Highlands essay about Fairmount Park:
Below are pictures of the transformation and the park completed: