The Highlands Civic Association maintains a Google Group that allows members to receive email notices (or view notices online) related to issues and events concerning the neighborhood. Any message sent to the group address is distributed to all members. Any member can also respond to messages sent to the group. Before you can send a message to the group, you must request to join the group (see below).
Joining the Group
Request to join the email group by completing a simple form (below). Your request will be reviewed by our group administrators and you will be sent an invitation to join.
Sending an Email to the Group
Once you’ve been added (use contact form above), to send a message to the group, simply send an email to:
It’s a good idea to add this address to the contact list for whatever email program you use.
Too Much Mail?
If you have a google account you can go to https://groups.google.com/d/forum/highlands-civic-association and update your email preferences or view messages online.
No email: Web-only participation
Abridged email: one summary email of new activity per day
Digest Email: up to 25 full new messages in a single email
All email: send each message as it arrives (default)
Leaving the Group
To leave the group and stop receiving emails, send an email to:
No subject or body text is required.
Email Group Discussion Manners and Protocol
- Reply to All sends the response to ALL list members so make sure you intend to send a response to the whole list instead of a specific person. If you wish to reply to a specific person, send a message to his/her e-mail address only.
- Do NOT send messages to the group that are more appropriately sent directly to an individual to the list.
- Do NOT use the group to set up personal meetings, to thank someone for sending you information, or to say hello to a friend. Ask yourself, “Will my post add to the knowledge base of the other members of the email group?” If it will not, then respond directly to the person who has asked the question.
- The use of sarcasm in electronic communications is usually not a good idea. It is easily misconstrued. Make your posts straight forward and to the point.
- Be respectful when disagreeing with the opinions of others.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Minimize the use CAPITAL letters – It is considered YELLING!
- Read your document carefully before you send it. Check that the e-mail is accurate and that is says exactly what you want to say.
- If you are replying to a previous e-mail, reference it or include a copy with your reply.
- Be sure to use a subject line that describes your topic.
- E-mail addresses in this group are private and not for distribution of any kind without permission of the Highlands Civic Association.
- Please do not distribute copies of e-mail submissions to persons that are not part of the email group (without the permission of the original posters).
- Political postings are not permitted.