It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure safety and security in the Highlands neighborhood. If you encounter a situation where you believe someone’s health and wellfare may be in danger, don’t hesitate to call for help (see who to call below). Stay informed by reading the State College Police media releases below.

Who to Call About Problems in the Highlands?

The Highlands Civic Association encourages you to report all non-compliance issues to the appropriate authority.
Police and Borough agencies will not know to act unless you call!

For the following problems:

  • excessive noise
  • vandalism of property
  • open containers and drunkenness
  • violence or perceived potential violence
  • speeding (get license number if possible)

Call the Police

Emergency any time 911
Late night (or any time) Centre County Dispatch 800.479.0050
Regular hours non-emergency State College Police 814.234.7150

For the following problems….

  • failure to remove snow
  • failure to remove trash
  • poor maintenance of property
  • failure to mow and weed (if over 6” high)
  • non-permitted lawn parking
  • violations of the occupancy code in rental housing (no more than 3 unrelated persons in a single family home; overcrowded apartments and condos)

Call the Borough Office – 814.234.7191

PDF Print Version

Neighborhood Impact Reporting

Please share information about disruptions and other incidents (vandalism, trash/refuse, noise, trespassing, etc.), in our neighborhood with the Highlands Civic Association. Click here for the contact form.

Penn State Office of Student Conduct

If you have an incident that involves Penn State students, in addition to reporting it to the police, you are encouraged to report the incident to the University’s Office of Student Conduct using the OSC Incident Reporting (online) Form. A staff member in the Office of Student Conduct will review the report and may be in touch to describe next steps and/or to clarify or gather more information.

Helpful State College Borough Police Web Links

Police Home Page

Vacation Home Checks – Did you know that the State College Police will check the security of your home if you are away?  This page includes a handy online form to request a home check.

Media Releases – Stay up-to-date with what’s going on by checking out the media release page.